Ellie Gates– Business and executive coach, educator, speaker, and brand strategist
Ellie is an experienced leadership and business coach as well as a professor of Business at the Southwestern Assemblies of God University (SAGU). With over 25 years of experience in small start-ups to Fortune 100 companies, Ellie has spent her career growing leaders and teams. She is a strong “reality broker” with great insight and a no-nonsense style to provide clarity, focus, and accountability. She has a big heart for helping business owners truly OWN their business, vs. being owned by it.
How she’s moved the dial:
- Coached and developed over 2,000 managers worldwide to increase their effectiveness focused on better delegation, decision making, strategy, communication, and team development.
- Created internal mobility programs to help the Millennial population grow their skills and impact, resulting in greater employee satisfaction and reduced attrition.
- Led the cultural and performance review transformation at Adobe setting new industry standards for performance management practices on feedback & development
Where She Got Street Smart
Area of Expertise
- Strategy & Planning
- Performance Enablement
- Organizational Development
- Learning and Leadership
- Team Effectiveness
- High Tech, SAAS
- Non-Profits / NGO’s
- Big Data
Where She Got Book Smart
- MBA, Business/Strategy – Azusa Pacific University
- MA, Organizational Leadership – Azusa Pacific University
- BA, Psychology – California Lutheran University
- Certificate, Executive Coaching – Hudon Institute
- Certified Business Coach – ActionCoach
“As the President of the Chamber of Commerce, I was excited to bring Lone Star Business Coaching to my members as a benefit of their membership. What I never expected was how much I would personally benefit from their coaching as well. I have relied on their expertise during a somewhat chaotic time of transition for our organization. They have coached me through strategic planning, change leadership, and personal development. In the office, we have experienced improved morale, less chaos, and improved systems. Personally, I have shifted from having anxiety about going to work to waking up excited to start another great day. I can’t imagine that I will ever stop my regular coaching routine with Lone Star.”